Private browsing is a feature built into many modern-day web browsers. Many of the major web browsers have them, and they are usually easy to access through the File menu. For instance:
- Google Chrome has Incognito mode
- Microsoft Edge has InPrivate Browsing
- Safari has Private Browsing
- Firefox has Private Browsing
- Opera has private tabs built in.
Simply put, private browsing is a method of browsing wherein the browser will not save browser history, search history, or local data such as cookies.