There a various reason for using negative voltage such as: –
- There is more metal corrosion in positive voltage as compared to the negative voltage
- The negative voltage is safer for human bodies while doing telecom activities
- There are chances that thundering can cause positive voltage in the equipment circuit. Since negative voltage has a lack of electrons, it can neutralize the positive charge that can avoid producing heat.
- For long telephone lines, the negative voltage is safer while transmitting power
- A standard lead-acid battery has 6V, which corresponds to 8 which is considered a good standard. It is the highest, more safe that compromise voltage to pass over long wires. The negative voltage is used, so the current leaked due moisture does not electroplate away the copper, which is present in the cables.